Retail Operations Manager – Luxury Jewellery Brand (African Inspired)
REPORTING TO: MD RETAIL
The Retail Operations Manager will have overall responsibility for the planning and effective management and operations of the retail and ecommerce sales operations of the brand in London.
Direct Reports: The Retail Manager and operations staff will report into this position
- To contribute to the development of the 3 year and annual strategic plan
- To prepare and agree an annual Operations Plan for the Retail businesses in line with the Strategic Plan and monitor and report on performance.
- To prepare and implement 3 month and monthly activity plans
- To participate in the monthly Management Team meetings
- To be responsible for the effective management of the retail team with the Retail Manager
- To agree with the Retail Manager and implement sales staff levels, rotas etc and support with recruitment and appraisals
- To be responsible for the direct management of all the non-retail sales staff including ordering, web fulfilment, silver cleaning, facilities cleaning and security staff.
- To implement a sales staff training program and test team on product stories, names and prices,
- To ensure all outlines of the Brand Bible are strictly adhered to
- To pursue the most agreeable path to problem solving across the business
- To implement Staff Uniform Policy
- To manage staff appraisals with the Director
CLIENT & INTERNAL COMMUNICATION
- To personally manage the Concierge email account
- To monitor and report on customer complaints and product quality issues
- To manage any customer issues in the absence of the Director
- Liaise with the Marketing Team and be aware and involved in all outgoing Client Communication
- To share this information with the Team and regularly update them on all Marketing Initiatives
- Assist in delivering maximum impact of the Retail and marketing Calendar
SHOP FLOOR AND VISUAL MERCHANDISING
- Inline with the aesthetic of the brand to ensure the immaculate presentation of the Shop
- Monitor and review effective Visual Merchandising displays and to understand what works well where
- Assist and plan with the Director the Window Displays in line with the Marketing Calendar
- To ensure all products have price tags
- To ensure all elements of the shop are inline with the exacting standards of the Director, be the first to ensure music is playing, no lightbulbs are out, scented candle is lit and extinguished at the end of the day etc.
- Liaise between Product Management Director, Marketing Team, Orders Department and Manufacturers the effective launch of new products
- Ensure the new product launch checklist is strictly adhered to
- To implement activities surrounding new product well before any photography, print, Press or social media timelines
- To ensure that all facilities and stock rooms, store rooms are clean and tidy at all times and to maintain the highest standards.
- To organise the store and stock security systems
- Oversee product donations and call outs for photography and events
- To arrange for and oversee all maintenance activity in line with budgets
- To be responsible for all Health and Safety issues.
- To manage the IT systems and hardware and liaise with the IT contractors
- To ensure all computers are kept clean and in excellent working order
- To be responsible for all stock within the UK business.
- To organise and oversee regular Stock takes in line with the Stock Take procedures and report results to the Finance Manager/Buying.
- To be responsible for all goods in, in terms of count against delivery note, quality, storage and processing.
- Oversee product donations and call outs for photography, events, stone setting
- To manage the Jewellery worn by the staff
- To be involved in the planning of instore Marketing events and displays and to organise their effective implementation. To liaise with suppliers and buy required materials in line with agreed budgets.
- To oversee all preparatory and planning arrangements for instore events
- To engage with caterers and suppliers for all marketing events; champagne etc.
- Manage external exhibitions
LOGISTICS AND INTERNAL SYSTEMS
- To oversee all logistics operations including shipping, packaging and postage and to liaise with suppliers. To monitor and reduce the costs of these operations.
- To organise and liaise with any external UK supplier for product modifications in line with the Product Directors brief
- To ensure the capture of detailed customer data
- To oversee the Hallmarking System
- To review and manage the Repairs System
- To set and agree an annual Budget for Retail Operations and monitor and report on spend against budget.
- To undertake the management and organisation of additional projects as required
- Knowledge and experience of managing retail operations.
- Highly organised and good attention to detail
- Experienced manager
- Familiar with planning/budgeting/cost control and reporting
- Strong team leader and player
- Positive ‘can do’ attitude
- Customer focused
- Engaging personality
Applicants not contacted within six weeks should consider their applications unsuccessful. Information provided by applicants will be treated in strict confidence and will be used for recruitment purpose only.Apply Now