We are recruiting for an exciting opportunity available for a Retail Community Marketing Manager to join our clients’ ever growing, dynamic and expanding organisation. We are looking for an experienced professional that has solid experience in the sports, lifestyle, travel and/or outdoor retail industry.
As the Retail Community Marketing Manager, you will be responsible for driving the brand presence in London through community marketing (sponsorship, social, events, PR) and ATL tactics. You will be responsible in ensuring our clients brand and retail touch points (B2C, B2B) are top of mind to increase core users’ traffic, engagement, trial, and loyalty. You will be the brand activator within the local community to inspire participation in mountain sports and increase brand understanding throughout the market.
Key responsibilities and accountabilities:
- Together with the London Brand Store Manager and moving forward with the Regional Community Marketing Manager, develop a localized community marketing plan aligned with global objectives
- Network with sports associations, clubs, climbing gyms, local businesses/associations, athletes, guides, and London based B2B retail partners
- Oversee the on-boarding and managing of a team of Brand Store Ambassadors to represent the brand in the region
- Execute brand store community events aligned with the brand consumer calendar to maximize brand engagement in the market place
- Collaborating with local B2B retail partners on community marketing activations.
- Launch and manage our local social channels and consumer acquisition efforts in alignment with the global digital team
- Work with the Brand Store Manager and Regional PR Manager to implement local seasonal PR plan
- Plan and execute local advertising campaigns to reach endemic and adjacent audiences
- Produce monthly reports on community engagement, events and PR
- Work 8 hours per month as a Brand Store Product Guide to interact with customers and increase overall brand experience
- Secure weekly participation opportunities in key sports for all Brand Store employees
- Manage the community marketing budget for the area
Additional experience, education, and skills required:
- 3+ years of experience in marketing or community marketing for similar outdoor apparel companies in a retail environment
- Knowledge of the outdoor retail landscape of London
- Passion for the brand and active participation in the activities that we make products for
- Social native and track record in community management
- Post-secondary education in marketing an asset
- Demonstrated project management and cross functional experience
- Excellent communication and interpersonal skills