Luxury Recruit was founded in 2007 and went on to become a recognized market leader focusing on placing talent across consumer-facing industries, exclusively targeted and the premium retail, fashion and luxury goods industries.
We operate both in the UK and International markets and our primary strengths lie in the relationships we have built with our clients, who represent a rostrum of the world’s most admired and best recognised consumer brands, who have come to rely on us and value our specialist expertise and deep sector knowledge.
As Luxury Recruit enters its tenth year, we are delighted to announce that we are growing the business in 2017 and are currently looking to recruit a number of bright, ambitious and intellectually curious individuals with experience in recruitment to work across a number of existing and new divisions – Head Office – Sales & Marketing, Accounting and Finance and Business Support. Digital, Creative, Fashion & Luxury – Buying & Merchandising and Fashion Design, Technical, Production & Wholesales, Retail Operations and Technology. The role will incorporate all aspects of managing the recruitment process, from determining clients’ staffing needs, overseeing the preparation of job descriptions, drafting advertisements and interviewing candidates. Initially it is likely that the role will have a strong business development focus to identify potential clients with staffing requirements. As a result prospective applicants must have substantive experience in the UK conducting front office recruitment campaigns within or on behalf of a leading fashion & luxury retail recruitment business (or equivalent).
The role will also involve advising clients on all areas of recruitment and people development. Therefore the applicant will be required to conduct bi-annual salary surveys and will also advise clients on the efficiency and structure of their existing recruitment processes, with a view to developing and delivering a more streamlined approach. With this in mind applicants will currently need to be familiar with relevant UK legislation regarding recruitment and HR matters, and the role will involve counselling clients on any changes that might impact their hiring and personnel policies.
The successful candidates will eventually head up a team so that as revenues grow they will be responsible for hiring juniors into the team in order to assist with the execution of client mandates. Additionally, they will take ownership of sector research and market analysis deliverables. Finally they will need to demonstrate the aptitude to offer support to junior colleagues to ensure that, over time, they also develop the capabilities to become independent originators and executors.
- Determines staffing needs;
- Oversees the preparation of job descriptions, drafts advertisements and interviews candidates;
- Oversees the monitoring of employee performance and career development needs; provides or arranges for provision of training courses;
- Undertakes negotiations with employees and business representatives or trade unions;
- Develops and administers salary, health and safety and promotion policies;
- Examines and reports on client company and departmental structures, chains of command, information flows, etc. and evaluates efficiency of existing operations;
- Considers alternative work procedures to improve productivity;
- Stays abreast of relevant legislation, considers its impact on the organisation’s and clients’ HR strategy and recommends appropriate action.
- Degree-level qualification from a well-regarded university, or equivalent;
- Substantial knowledge of the consumer facing, fashion, luxury retail market and an existing network within the sector;
- Excellent interpersonal skills plus the ability to build effective relationships between individuals, teams and lines of business;
- Strong report writing and presentational skills;
- Outstanding communication skills with the ability to pitch clearly, persuade and influence; good listening skills;
- Proven experience in recruitment.
Salary: Dependent on experience + Commission
Start date: Q1 2017